Saturday, April 12, 2008

I MISS HOME. Skype with my family for 1h30mins yesterday! It has been a long time since we last skyped n laughed as one family. I miss. I miss. Was feeling really peaceful last night after the chat. I CAN SENSED THAT THEY MISSED ME TOO. =)) I seriously cant wait for Nov to come. I love the encouragement they give me. It really motivates and keeps me going.

Stress level is getting higher n higher each week. SO many things to be done within so little time. Date dues. Decision making. Assignments. Cases of law to read up on. Tests.

My friends in sg have the preconceived idea that the education system in melb is quite slack. I beg to differ man. Well, i seriously think that the stress is caused by uni life itself, the uni i am in, the competition among the asians here. Everyone is studying so hard. Aiming for H1(high distinction) in every test and assignments. Yea. I don't deny it. I am one of them. Sometimes a low H1 can make you utterly disappointed coz majority is getting a high H1. Now, ya guys can see..

Went for night market last night. My uni's event. YEP. ASIAN FOOD! Though is really ex but seriously, who cares when u miss the food so much!! Bren and i shared nasi lemak($5), egg tarts($2 for 1), korean spicy ricecake($4), hk french toast($2).. we wanted the pulut hitam but dey were still cooking after the first pot was sold out. waited for damn long and we decided to give up coz it was uber crowded. yea. the egg tarts rawkz! i love i love i love. =)) Now, i m gonna avoid asian food for like a week? coz i m sorta sick of it.

Ying is sick of pasta!! This is the effect when u have pasta for 2 straight meals and almost twice a week!?! yucks. i haven been eating pasta for like 2 weeks. The thought of it just disgusts me. besides fried rice and indomee, pasta is one of the easiest to cook! Ironically, i can nv get sick of PIZZA. My friends think tt i am weird. They r like so sick of pizza while i can nv get sick of it. LOL.

I really wanna learn how to cook! This friend of mine, HE can cook really well!! He cooks for my friends n I whenever we are over at his place to study. We call it a "family dinner" coz there are 4 of us. I think i m sucha failure coz being a female, i CANT cook. Seriously, we cant run away from the fact that all females must know how to cook! If not, you'll feel really inferior when u know a guy who can cook really well and knows how to buy fresh fruits,poultry and all. I can only cook simple stuff. FRIED RICE and pasta. I have learnt how to cooked stir fry beef and pan-fried salmon. Have yet to master the sauce for my salmon. Gonna try the recipe my fren gave me coz the sauce i made was too watery.

Yep. I am learning. So give me more time. Who knows i can cook when i get back though my friends here really think tt i can nv b in the kitchen! Cooking half cooked rice, prawns last time. Burning the doughnuts in my microwave! OK. Have faith in me. I am so determine to be a better person in the kitchen. =X i wanna learn how to bake cup cakes, brownies and cookies from scratch! =))) Not those ready mix kind. =X

1 Comments:

At 1:35 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Dieta, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://dieta-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home